Here are organizations with tips and resources you can use to help your child at home:
- National PTA Parent's Guides to Success: Find downloadable guides for each grade with key skills, activities you can do at home, and tips for talking to your child's teacher (in Spanish)
- Khan Academy: Includes interactive exercises and videos to help in math, science, economics, computing and arts and humanities
- Great Kids Milestones: Includes videos to help you see what your child should be able to demonstrate in critical areas by the end of each grade level
- Be a Learning Hero: Allows parents to search by state, grade and subject to find homework support resources
- Raise the Bar Parents: provides educational 'checkups' they to see if your child is making progress toward meeting the standards. The site also includes resources to help students improve
Your child’s teachers can also share more tips and suggest activities to strengthen your child’s skills at home.